- We are committed to protecting your personal data at all times.
- We never sell your data to any third parties.
- We use the lawful basis of legitimate interest when contacting you in relation to obtaining a storage price from us.
- We adhere to data protection principles that your data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to that which is necessary;
- Accurate and where necessary, kept up to date;
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed; and
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
BLUE BEAR SELF STORAGE is the trading name of BLUE BEAR PROPERTY LTD (“BLUE BEAR” “we” “us” “our”).
BLUE BEAR is the controller and is responsible for your personal data.
BLUE BEAR is committed to protecting your personal data and respects your right to privacy.
Who are we?
BLUE BEAR is a cost effective self storage company specialising in Containerised self storage. We provide secure and efficient storage for homes and businesses. We have a significant number of customers benefiting from our services and storing with us. Founded in 2016 with our very first site in Petersfield, we now operate from a number of sites across the UK.
We operate under a philosophy of the provision of excellent customer service and pride ourselves on offering the most cost effective storage in the market. The security of our customers’ possessions is a top priority for us, as is the security, protection and transparency of the data we hold on our customers.
Contact details for BLUE BEAR SELF STORAGE.
1. Introduction and General Terms
- what personal data BLUE BEAR may collect about you;
- how BLUE BEAR will use the personal data we collect about you;
- the reason and lawful basis for BLUE BEAR using your personal data;
- when BLUE BEAR may use your personal data to contact you;
- whether BLUE BEAR will disclose your personal data to anyone else;
- how long BLUE BEAR will retain your personal data;
- your rights in respect of the personal data you have provided to BLUE BEAR; and
As set out above, BLUE BEAR is committed to safeguarding your personal data.
2.What information will BLUE BEAR collect about me?
When you request to receive a storage price from BLUE BEAR, become a storage customer, use our other storage related services or communicate with BLUE BEAR through the Website, we will collect certain personal data about you.
Here are all of the different ways you can engage with BLUE BEAR and what information we collect about you for each one:
2.1 When obtaining a price for storage
If you are requesting a price through the BLUE BEAR website or over the telephone, we collect the following personal data from you; your title, first name, surname, email address, Company details, telephone number and postcode.
We also ask which site you are wishing to receive a price from, the type of customer you are (i.e. a domestic, business or student customer), when you want your storage to start and an approximation of how long you want the storage for. We ask the reason you need storage, for example moving home, decluttering, home improvements etc., and what storage container size you are obtaining a price for.
If you are a business and are requesting a storage price from us, we will also ask you the reason you need storage, for example, archiving, stock or as a distribution hub.